Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Oh my Darling, Oh my Darling..."

"Oh, my Darling Clementine...."


I am hooked on these little fruits! I started eating them after Bikram Yoga a few weeks ago - my instructor keeps a bowl of fresh fruit available to eat after our sessions. I would grab a clementine and bring it home with me, and eat it right away. They are super sweet and satisfying, and so easy to peel.

Last week, I bought a HUGE bag of Clementines at Costco. I have no idea how many were in the bag, but I would guess 30-40. Well, they're almost gone! I've been eating 2-5 a day. I'm pretty amazed that I'll be able to go through the whole bag. Who knew?!

from wikipedia:
clementine is a variety of mandarin orange (Citrus reticulata), so named in 1902.[1] The exterior is a deep orange colour with a smooth, glossy appearance. Clementines can be separated into seven to fourteen segments. They tend to be very easy to peel, like a tangerine, but are almost always seedless. For this reason they are sometimes known as seedless tangerines; the clementine is also occasionally referred to as the Algerian tangerine.[2] They are typically juicy and sweet, with less acid than oranges.[1] Their oils, like other citrus fruits, contain mostly limonene as well as myrcene, linalool, α-pinene and many complex aromatics.

No comments: