Friday, February 01, 2013

A visit with the Timbangs

I had the nicest lunch/visit this afternoon with the Timbang family!

Michael and Leilani were both students at James Logan High School when I taught the color guard there in 1993-1995. They were sophomores when we first met. Leilani was in my flag line, and Michael was a rifle - a group of hilarious and big-hearted guys who I've always been very fond of. These were two very special members of our color guard family.

Sometimes, I'm just amazed at how life works out, and the friendships and relationships that develop over the years.

Leilani and Michael started dating, and have now been married for almost five years!

They had their first baby, a beautiful baby girl, just 3-1/2 months ago. Today was my first chance to meet Cyan.

When I first saw them, Michael was talking to Cyan while she was in her stroller. He explained to her how many, many years ago, her parents spent many, many hours with me. :) He also told her that we have known each other for 20 years now, which is more than half their lives! Egads! How did that happen?!

We had such a nice visit, and got caught up with each other's lives and families.

We acknowledged how helpful Facebook is as a tool to stay in touch with our day-to-day lives.

It is simply a joy to see two people who I have loved since they were teenagers, now as grown adults, and to meet their baby daughter.

It's a wonderful life, indeed. :)

Thanks for the visit, Mike and Lani! Can't wait to see the three of you again soon. xo




No comments: