Saturday, July 21, 2012

25th High School Reunion

My 25th High School Reunion was Saturday afternoon at Blackberry Farms in Cupertino. Although we graduated from Milpitas High School in 1987, we had our Senior Class picnic at Blackberry Farms. The reunion committee thought it would be fun to have a family-oriented reunion picnic at the same place 25 years later.

Unfortunately, it was a considerably smaller turnout than the 10 year and 20 year reunions I had been to. That was too bad.

The great news was that my friend, Cindy, was in town from Minnesota, and was able to come to the reunion! Cindy and I have been friends since 7th grade, and she had moved to CO after our sophomore year in High School. We had seen each other only once, in our college years, before reconnecting at Kimi's House earlier this year! I was so happy that she and "little Baby" were able to make it!

I managed to talk Kimi into coming to the reunion again (because we had so much fun together at the 20th reunion 5 years ago!) at the last minute, and I'm so glad she came. The 4 of us (Cindy, Little Baby, Kimi and I) had a nice time at the reunion together.

It was a HOT day in Cupertino - I think it was in the mid-90s. Luckily, the reunion committee had a large canopy covering the picnic tables, which helped a lot, but it were still a little wilty.

Other than Cindy and Kimi, I had a nice time catching up with Rolando and his lovely wife, Laurie, and our two Reunion event coordinators, Bobbie and Tam. (Thank you again, Bobbie and Tam, for all of your hard work!!)

The (personal) highlight of the reunion came about quite unexpectedly. We had a raffle drawing, in which some of the prizes were "Bumpits"!

I won a bumpit set, and after we saw that there were several available, Kimi, Cindy, and Laurie grabbed one, too! We swayed Bobbie (who owns a salon in Milpitas, and I assume supplied the Bumpits) to "Bump" our hair. It was a fairly spontaneous and fun thing to do, and provided a lot of fun photos from the day!

The tag line on the box says it all:
"From Flat to Fabulous in Seconds!"

Clearly, we had to do this!

For some reason, I didn't take as many photos as I usually would at the reunion. I'm sorry for that. I had to "borrow" a couple of photos from Bobbie and Kimi!


Tam at the registration table


Cindy, "Little Baby", and Kimi at the picnic table


Rolo and Laurie


Bumpit Girls! "Before"


...and the "after" shot - courtesy of Bobbie!


Bobbie "bumping" Kimi's hair!


Laurie, Kimi, Cindy, and Trina - all bumped up!
(Why is it everyone else looks so sophisticated, and I look like Snookie?)



Cindy and "Little Baby"


Kimi, attempted to put her sunhat over her newly bumped coif


HOT temps!


No comments: