Thursday, July 05, 2012

Wayne Thiebaud at John Bergruen Gallery

I had a client meeting this morning in Union Square. After my meeting, I took advantage of being in Union Square and headed to the John Bergruen Gallery on Grant Street. They are having a Wayne Theibaud exhibit there that I've been wanting to see, and it closes this weekend.

Here is an article from sfgate the describes the show.

You may know that I have a particular fondness for Wayne Thiebaud's art. I get especially excited when having a chance to see any of his original oil paintings. They are all so... delicious. :)

This show was pretty amazing - it consisted mostly of pieces that had been purchased by private collectors over the years, and a few others that are available for purchase. (price upon request, of course!)

What a joy it was to see these pieces. Since they are privately owned, you would not generally ever have an opportunity to see them in a museum or gallery.

The whole bottom floor was oil paintings, while the upstairs gallery space had pastels, water color, etc.,

An exceptional show, if you're in the area over the next few days. :)










No comments: