Sunday, January 01, 2012

A great way to spend the first day of the New Year!!



I had a wonderful, wonderful afternoon at Kimi's house today. What a wonderful way to start the new year! Our old friend from grade school through sophomore year of high school, Cindy, was in town for a visit! Cindy lives in MN and was in the area visiting family for the holidays. I'm so happy that she was able to squeeze in an afternoon visit with us!

Cindy and I haven't seen each other since (we think) the summer after we graduated from high school. Well over 20 years!

We reconnected 4 or 5 years ago when Cindy sent me an email out-of-the-blue. I think she must have done an internet search for me and came across either my blog or my web design page. We have since kept up with each other a bit more via Facebook.

It's been great keeping up with each others lives virtually, but nothing compares to a face-to-face visit. You'd have never known that it's been 20+ years since we last saw each other. We just fell right back into each other, and we all had a wonderful day.

I also had the great pleasure of meeting Cindy's baby girl! I've been looking forward to meeting her for such a long time.

How wonderful it was spending the afternoon with these two wonderful friends.

The more friends I reconnect with from the past, the more I realize how strong of a connection we all have with each other. How wonderful to be in each others lives again.

Kimi, thank you so much for hosting today's festivities. The sushi, miso soup, and squash were delicious. Cindy, tell your sister that she makes a mean coffee cake. :)

Here's to old friends, near and far.

Here's to a wonderful New Year...

No comments: