Monday, February 28, 2011

Vicky!!



My dear and beautiful friend, Vicky is in town for a quick visit and managed to squeeze in time for a afternoon visit with me today.

Vicky was one of my color guard students many moons ago when she was a sophomore at James Logan HS in Union City. We've stayed in touch and have remained good friends ever since.

We were walking around on Castro Street today and stopped in at Cliff's Variety store. (she had heard so much about this store, but had never been in before.) While we were browsing around, I found a gorgeous, bling-y button that I knew would look just fantastic on an old, favorite coat of mine. The coat is a vintage-looking wool cape/coat that I found at a random store of the International Terminal of SFO many many years ago. (but that's a whole other story!) I love the coat, but it had a nice looking, but plastic button (the only one) that never seemed to live up to the quality of the rest of the coat. This button is the perfect size and shape, and is so fun and bling-y - it just seemed perfect.

To top it off, Vicky offered to sew it onto my coat once we got home. Now, I can't sew at all, so it was not going to look pretty if I did it, and Vicky is quite a seamstress! I had to take her up on her offer.

Thanks, Vicky, for the wonderful visit, and for sewing my fabulous new button on my coat! Next time, I promise I won't make you work during our visit together. :)


Vicky showing off the final product

No comments: