Monday, February 28, 2011

DMV Appointment

I just got a notice in the mail from DMV today stating that my driver license will expire on my birthday (April 28th) of this year. It also says that I have renewed my license via the mail the last two times, and that I'm required to renew it at a DMV office this time.

So, I thought I'd be on the ball and went online to make an appointment today. I've heard that it can take several weeks to get a renewed license in the mail, so I thought I'd make my appointment at my local DMV ASAP.

When I first checked on an appointment in San Francisco, the earliest date was Tuesday, April 12th at 10:30am. I had to double-check to make sure that I read that right - that's like 6 weeks away!

So then, I tried to make an appointment over the phone, thinking that it may get me in earlier. Nope, same date, later time.

After that, I checked for an appointment in Fremont, which is the DMV closest to my parent's house, and where I last renewed my license. Same date....

Hmmm...

I realize that DMVs are notoriously busy places, and I'm thankful for being able to make an appointment, which I'm sure will make a huge difference, but really? 6 weeks?

No comments: