Friday, February 04, 2011

Spider-Raccoon, Spider-Raccoon...

...does whatever a Spider-Raccoon does...

The raccoons have moved up the block and found us!

This evening, when Dick came home, he was walking up our to our front door when he saw a raccoon on the sidewalk in front of our house. He watched the raccoon as it turned into a tiny alley on the side of our house, and then proceeded to climb up the side our our house!

We pulled out a flashlight and shined it on him, stopping him in his tracks.


this was taken with my zoom lens


The raccoon scaling up the side of my house

I wouldn't have guessed that we have raccoons here, until a couple of nights ago. I was laying in bed, and heard a, "Gallop, gallop, gallop" across the roof. Our bedroom is in a converted attic space, so the roof is very close. I guessed it was a raccoon, probably going from rooftop to rooftop on our block, since the houses are so close to each other.

Apparently, I guessed correctly, only, I wouldn't have guessed that they could climb up the side of our house!

No comments: