Tuesday, February 08, 2011

My Hot Date with Mike

I had such a nice afternoon with my friend, Mike, today.

Mike and I have known each other for more than 20 years now. We first met while living in Dayton, OH way back in 1989.

We had dinner at my place last week (with Philip) and we both expressed our interest in seeing "The Kings Speech", so we planned a date for this afternoon.

The movie was showing at The Kabuki Sundance Theater in Japantown. Philip told us that we had to go there "because you can have drinks!".

Well, we didn't have drinks, but we did get together for a sushi lunch before our 2:00 matinee movie.

The Kabuki Sundance Theater is GREAT! First of all, you can reserve which seat you'll sit in when you buy your ticket. Also, the theater was HUGE! It had an Orchestra as well as a Balcony level. We were the only 2 people in the entire theater until one more patron joined us once the movie had started.

My favorite story of our day was discovering Mike's love of movie popcorn. When we were ordering lunch, he warned me that he didn't want to order too much, because he always buys/eats popcorn when he goes to a movie theater. I told him, "So do I!"

So, we each happily munched on our large-sized theater popcorn throughout the length of the entire movie.

It was such a great lunch/movie date!

Thanks, Mike!!


LARGE Movie Theater Popcorn!


Mike in front of the empty theater


Having fun at the movies!

No comments: