Friday, February 04, 2011

My 2 seconds of fame today...

There's been an unfortunate series of fires in the Castro over the last 2 days. There were three yesterday - all within 2 blocks of each other, and all within two hours. They are being investigated as arson.

This morning, another fire started - no doubt that this is an attack on our neighborhood.

The house that was set on fire this morning was put out by one of the residents quickly, so it didn't have nearly as much damage as two of the buildings yesterday. The house from this morning is only a few blocks away from my house, and I walked by it on my way down to Muni.



The house that was set on fire (which was put out) on 18th Street

I noticed a news crew in front, and stopped to talk with them about the fires. Vic Lee, a local reporter for channel 7 news asked if I wouldn't mind talking on camera.

Um, okay...

They interviewed me for maybe 30 seconds. Hard to say. Unfortunately, the quote that they used was the one thing that I said that I didn't think was terribly eloquent. Oh well. I guess it gets the point across...


Reporter Vic Lee and the Camera guy

Here's the link to the story online: Castro residents worry after 4th fire in 2 days

and here's the video of the story



The best part of this story was that Vic Lee and I wished each other "Gung Hay Fat Choy" as I left. :)

No comments: