Monday, September 03, 2007

There's always room for Jello!



While I was in the hospital, one thing that I was allowed to eat on the same day as my surgery was Jello. I was reminded of my childhood love for Jello. As a kid, I was often sick, and my Mom often made me Jello to help me feel better.

When we returned home from the hospital yesterday, Jim and Cynde came over and offered to go to the grocery store for us. I asked them to get some Jello for me. It just sounded good and comforting.

They picked me up a few of those ready-made cups of Jello, which were really good, but today I realized that I had a whole other level of Jello craving: what I really wanted was fruit cocktail mixed in Strawberry Jello! How's that for old-school?

Dick and I went out for a slow, careful walk this afternoon. It really helped me to be out in the sun and fresh air, and to stretch my muscles a bit. On our way home, we stopped off at the grocery store, where I bought a box of Strawberry Jello, and a can of Del Monte fruit cocktail. I can't remember the last time I bought either one of these items!

I made my Jello/fruit cocktail mixture when I came home, and put it in the fridge. I just had a bowl for dessert.

Let me tell you: still just as satisfying now as it was when I was a kid!

J-E-L-L-O!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,

I am Prav, doc from UK. We are doing a study on Jello. We want to know how many Hospitals give Jello on the same day of surgery.

Could you tell me in which hospital u had jello on the same day of surgery.

Help is most appreciated. My email id is deepee04@rediffmail.com

Cheers
Prav