Thursday, May 03, 2012

When in Rome: Day 4 - Galleria Borghese & return to The Spanish Steps

We started Day 4 with a metro ride to the Borghese Gallery. They didn't allow any photos, and I forgot to take one of the exterior of the building. So unfortunately, no pics. :(

The gallery collection and the building itself were both amazing. I learned that I am a huge fan of Bernini's sculptures. It's incredible how he was able to make marble so soft looking, and show so much motion in a static sculpture. I was especially in awe of Bernini's Apollo and Daphne.

After we finished at the gallery, we strolled through the park a bit and had lunch at the cafe. We then decided to walk back down to the Spanish Steps and took a few more photos. It was a gorgeous day today, and there were fewer people there.

Just for kicks, I'm also throwing in a couple of photos from our mid-day snack from yesterday. I had a strawberry gelato sundae, and Dick had a Campari. :)

No comments: