Saturday, May 05, 2012

Day 6 - Climbing to the top of the Duomo

We started off the day with a 10:30am tour of the Duomo, the Promenade and a climb through and all the way up the 463 steps to the dome.

It was a great climb! (I thank my training walk team for preparing me for all these stairs!) For once, though, I benefited by being shorter than Dick. A lot of the passageways through the dome are very short. Poor guy kept bumping his head. :(

Here are some shots from the ground level, outside promenade (where you can see how much further we are from the top of the dome), at the base of the dome (looking down into the building and up at the painted dome) and some of the steep stairs leading to the top of the dome.

1 comment:

Miguel Ulloa said...

I love how these pictures! El Duomo is by farthest one of the most important architectural triumphs!

Thanks for sharing your experience! It's truly a well designed structure.