Friday, May 11, 2012

Italy: Day 12 - the last meal and the last post from Italy

I'm going to make a very bold statement: I have found my personal favorite Italian Restaurant in the WORLD.

Big statement, I know.

You may recall my post from our first night in Venice about the restaurant with the amazing pasta, and the hand-drawn dessert menu.

The restaurant is Osteria Oliva Nera (The Black Olive) and we went back tonight to cap off our Italian Vacation.

It was just as amazing the second time around. The owner, Isabella, and her husband (whose name I'm ashamed I don't know!) are so lovely and warm, and full of personality. The food is exquisite, but their hospitality made it even more memorable.

Tonight, I had the house special stuffed zucchini and (again) the black ink fettuccine with red shrimp. Soooo good.

Topped it off again with homemade tiramisu and homemade lemoncelo. What could be a finer way to spend our last evening in Italy.

Again, Isabella sent us away with a gift. This time it was a bottle if 40-year-old balsamic vinaigrette.

Next time you're in Venice, plan to stop by Osteria Oliva Nera. I know we'll be back! :)

No comments: