Monday, January 30, 2012

Stye

Over the past two hours, I seem to have developed a stye on the bottom of my left eye lid. So weird! I started to notice a little irritation just after dinner, and by the time I got home, Dick was able to see the swelling from a distance.

Dick recognized it as a "Stye", which he said he's had as a kid. I don't know if I've had one before or not.

I may have it checked out by my Doc tomorrow. Apparently, it should heal on it's own, but could take several days. Otherwise, I may be able to get an ointment for it.

I leaned two new things this evening: what a Stye is (at least, that's what we're assuming it is) and that I must not be very vain if I'm attaching a close up of my eye/face on this post. ;)

Update
(1/31/12)
Back from the doc. Good news: it seems to to be the kind of stye that occurs from an ingrown eyelash. Need to keep putting a warm compress on it, but it should be gone within a a couple of days. Because of the way it occurred, it's not contagious, which is great. In other news, I've gained weight since my last visit a year ago - boo. Silver lining: the doctor complimented my bicep muscles, so I'm going to pretend that it's all muscle weight from the working out I've been doing. ;)

No comments: