Friday, January 13, 2012

Spontaneous lunch with Sheri!!



This morning, just before 11:00am, I received a text message from my friend, Sheri (who lives in Southern Cal, and has been traveling to the East Coast for work a lot lately).

The text said:

Totally random and last minute.... am at SFO airport. Do you have lunch plans?

What?! Really?

To make it even funnier, we had just talked on the phone Tuesday evening, and she made no mention of coming to the Bay Area later this week!

So, I was caught a bit off-guard, but quickly rearranged my schedule so that I could see her! We only seem to see each other once every 1, 2 or 3 years or so, so it's always a treat when we can make it happen.

Sheri actually goes by Sherilyn, but we've known each other since we met at Jill Freeman's birthday party in 6th grade. So, that's about 10 years old. She was going by Sheri then, although I call her "Bear" and she calls me "Tunie".

We weren't in the elementary school, but we did go to Junior High and one year of high school together. She moved down to Southern Cal after our Freshman year. :(

We were really good about staying in touch, though, which has been wonderful! I guess we've known each other for roughly 30 years now. wow.

Anyway, we had a great lunch. We went down to the Castro to Anchor Oyster Bar where we scarfed on oysters and shared a crab burger and an crab/shrimp/cheese open face sandwich. And, of course, I couldn't send her on her way without stopping at Hot Cookie for a bag of cookies to take on the road. (she's got a conference to go to North of Marin this weekend.)

So, that was my wonderful, spontaneous lunch with my dear old friend, Sheri. Between seeing her today, and spending the day with Kimi and Cindy a couple of weeks ago, 2012 has been a great year for seeing old friends. :)

No comments: