Friday, January 06, 2012

Blue Hair! (aka: my artistic mid-life crisis?!)



Today, I did something that I've been wanting to do for a very long time, but had never quite worked up the courage to do: I dyed (part) of my hair blue!!

Seriously, I've been wanting to do this for years!

Here's the thing: I've never colored/dyed my hair at all. Ever.

The reason that I was so nervous was that I thought that once you colored it, then you'd have to worry about roots/growing out, and that you'd have to keep coloring it until the end of time. I figured I'd just wait until I had enough grays come in (and believe me, they are!) and that I'd start coloring it then, but until I absolutely had to, I planned to wait it out.

A couple of days ago, I started to get into an artistic groove. (more on that soon!) I been determined to bring more art and creativity into my life - I plan to paint more, and just try to be more creatively inspired on a day-to-day basis.

That's when I remembered that I've been wanting to dye a blue streak in my hair for years, and why not just do it now.

So, I called my hair salon yesterday, and made an appt for this afternoon.

And there you go: 2-1/2 hours later, and the beautiful Mariel gave me the exact shade of blue that I've seen in my mind's eye for years.

I really love it so far. We'll see how it goes. I'll probably also have to re-touch it every few weeks, so we'll see if I have that in me (I'm generally a pretty low-maintenance hair person). I had already considered this, but after posting a photo of my new do on Facebook a couple of hours ago, I had several friends request that I change it up to hot pink for the 3Day walk this year. That would be fun!

So, here's to trying something new, stepping outside of the box, and bringing on the creative juices! :)

1 comment:

Spencer said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!