Friday, January 13, 2012

The Purse Tree


The Purse Tree

Okay, between this tree, and The Wishing Tree, I sure have found some interesting trees in my neighborhood in just the past month!

We'll call this one "The Purse Tree", as it has old purses hanging from its branches, filled with soil and plants! Clever! I actually happened to be passing by (taking a photo) when one of the owners of the house opened his garage door. I inquired about the tree - he told me that his partner has been doing this for a few years, and that they also hang the purses from their backyard fence as well.

He had two suggestions if you are interested in trying this yourself:

1) Use bags/purses made of synthetic materials. (they will last longer.)

2) Punch a few drain holes at the bottom of the bag/purse so that the water can easily drain.



Let's see what other kind of interesting trees I can find around the neighborhood! I'm on a quest now! :)

No comments: