Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Parking Elation!!



In my 15+ years of living in San Francisco, today was the first time that I went to Costco, filled my trunk with my purchases, drove home, and.... parked in my own garage!

This statement may not mean much to you if you've never lived without parking in an urban area, but to me, this was practically Nirvana. For the last 15 years, I've had to find a spot nearby, or double park, unload my groceries onto my front porch, carrying as much as possible each time, close my trunk, lock my car, unlock my front door, turn off the house alarm, then bring all the items into the house (usually first into the front hallway, then later into the kitchen). Not a huge deal, and I certainly got used to it, but, oh, was it nice to park in my garage, close the garage door, then bring my stuff into the house. :)

No comments: