Monday, October 04, 2010

Thank you letter to my sponsors

This is the letter that I just sent out to all of my friends and family who sponsored me on the 3-Day Walk for the Cure:

Dear Friends and Family,

I’m thrilled to say that I made it through the 3 day, 60 mile journey, and it was absolutely amazing! I thank you once more for your continued support throughout this entire adventure, and especially for the inspiration and encouragement that you gave me along the way.

The San Francisco Susan G. Koman 3 Day for the Cure had 1,400 walkers participating. Between the walkers and the 350 crew of volunteers (who also raise money) we raised a total of over $3.7 million dollars! The net proceeds fund not only breast cancer research, but education, screening, and treatment as well. 

The experience of walking the 3 Day is one that I will never forget. I met many people along the way, and heard many inspiring stories, as well as heart-breaking ones. I met women (and men) who were survivors of Breast Cancer, as well as others who were walking in memory of friends and family they had lost to the disease. I saw a woman walking gingerly with a cane, one step at a time, very slowly making her way along the route each day. These are the people who inspired me to do my best and complete the journey with them.

You were with me, too. I wore my t-shirt with all of your names on it at camp each day, and all day on Day 3. I received text messages, emails and Facebook posts cheering me on and encouraging me, getting me through each mile. I thought of each and every one of you as I walked those 60 miles.

I came out of this journey with only 1 blister (which wasn’t an issue at all during the walk), sore legs, tired feet, and a full heart. The many months of training that I did to prepare for the walk certainly paid off. I felt physically and mentally prepared, and even made some wonderful friends along the way. It may not come as much as surprise to you that I already signed up to do it all again next year!

Thank you all again for your incredible support, encouragement and generosity.

With Love and Gratitude,
-Trina

No comments: