Friday, October 01, 2010

Camp Life, Day 1

We arrived at camp at Fort Scott in the Presidio around 3:30. For the record, I did not stay overnight at camp. I've never camped before, and once I found out that it wasn't mandatory, I decided that I didn't want my first camping experience to be one where I had to walk 60 miles!

I did stay at camp for a few hours on Friday after the walk, though. I helped my friends set up their tents, had a (wonderful) foot and back massage, and had dinner with my teammates and friends.

The weather was quite nice that afternoon/early evening. The skies were clear, and there was an amazing view from many parts of camp.


The Shower Semi-Trucks! I didn't use them, but I heard that they were really nice!


A sea of pink tents.
Each tent is shared by two people



Melissa and Carol setting up their tent


nice view!


at the massage booth! the foot massage machine is amazing!


Camp Schedule


Day 1 Complete!

No comments: