Monday, September 11, 2006

A Stupidity Reprieve

After talking with a few people about my stupidity of letting our Macy's gift registry card expire, everyone suggested that I go to a store to talk to someone to see if they could extend the expiration date.

I had to head over to Serramonte Mall today to run a few errands today, so I thought I'd pop into the Macy's. The clerks there weren't able to help me directly, but suggested that I call the number on the back of the gift card. (Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.) The person on the phone was very nice and understanding, and after talking with the merchant at the store, agreed to extend my expiration date for another 30 days! :)

I was ready to just buy something on the spot today, but thought that since I had 30 days now, I'd wait until Dick was at the store with me.

Yes, I'll remember to spend it within the next 30 days now.

I promise.

No comments: