Sunday, September 10, 2006

In Your Eyes....

Today I saw Dick standing in front of a mirror, looking at his reflection.

He was squinting.

On occasion, he has asked me how can I see when I smile, since my eyes squint. (I'm not kidding, he really has asked me this!) At first, I thought he was joking, but later realized that he was quite serious. I'd just answer, "Of course I can see!" Could you imagine how bizarre that would be if everything you smiled, your range of site decreased?

So today, he was squinting while looking at his reflection in the mirror.

To his amazement, he realized that he could see just as much when he squinted his eyes a little, as he could when he opened them wide.

Seriously, he was surprised.

Now he knows that my line of site doesn't actually change at all while I'm smiling.

What a goofball.


Trina and Dick: both of us smiling with unobstructed views

No comments: