Monday, September 25, 2006

I have a bad feeling about this....

extra brownie points to anyone who can tell me what movie that line is from, and what its significance is...

I have pilates every Monday morning.

I try to make sure I eat a fairly substantial breakfast before I leave.

This morning, I made a bowl of oatmeal with dried cherries. After I had scooped out the oats, I realized that I didn't had quite enough milk. No problem... I'll just add a little water to balance it out.

Bad idea: the oatmeal overflowed in the microwave (which tends to happen when I use water instead of milk) and my oatmeal was a little too thick to eat, since I didn't have any extra milk to put in it.

down the drain...

"No Problem" I say. I pulled out a small pot to boil water for a hard-boiled egg. I set my timer, as I always do, and wait. The timer goes off, I rinse off my egg, then crack it. For the first time in the history of me boiling eggs, I've somehow managed to undercook this one. The egg shell comes off in pieces, taking the egg white with it, and the yolk is still runny. Crap.

down the drain...

Now I have a scant few minutes before I need to take off for class, and I haven't managed to eat anything yet.

Last resort: a frosted Cherry Pop-Tart.

What could possibly go wrong with the rest of my day?

No comments: