Sunday, September 10, 2006

The day part of my car flew off on 280.

this is so weird

Yesterday late afternoon, my Mom and I were driving from Menlo Park back up to San Francisco. We were riding in my MINI.

We were on 280 (N), just past the Father Serra Statue, when we heard a loud noise, and suddenly, something was flapping on the side of my car.

We quickly pulled off at the nearest exit, and discovered that a part of my car had somehow come loose, and had flown off! It's a cover of a pillar between my windshield and the driver's side window. The foam strip underneath was what was flapping in the wind.

It's the strangest thing. I can't say I've ever "lost" a part of my car before.

I'm going to call the dealership to try to make an appointment for this week.

I'm going to have to check in with my MINI forum to see if this has happened to anyone else.



update
9:20pm

I've heard from 3 people on my MINI forum so far, and each of them said that they have heard of this happening to many MINI owners (although not to any of them personally). Interesting.

No comments: