Saturday, June 18, 2016

First Training Walk of the season


today's route

Time to kick off the 2016 Immediate Impact Walk Season!!

The first training walk of the season was last weekend, but I missed it because I was in North Carolina. I was happy to be back in town to join my friends for a gorgeous 10-mile walk this morning.

It was a surprisingly gorgeous and clear day today. Yesterday was overcast all day, so I wasn't expecting such a beautiful morning walk.

We walked through the Presidio to the Batteries to Bluffs trail (one of my favorites!). From there, we walked out to China Beach, then through the Richmond and Sunset Districts and crossed through Golden Gate Park. We had our break at Andronico's Grocery store, then circled back through the park and the Sunset and Richmond districts, and back to the Presidio. We finished right at Noon, so we made pretty good time (we met at 7:30am). Apparently, it was a perfect kite flying day. We saw several people flying enormous kites in the Presidio when we returned.

I still need to register for this year's Immediate Impact Walk, then will send out my first fundraising letter. I'll try to do that within the next couple of days.















No comments: