Monday, June 06, 2016

Dick wanted a lap dog

Dick was really hoping that Wallace would be a lap dog. He really likes the idea of Wallace snuggling with him on the sofa while watching TV, or playing Xbox.

I was on the fence on this one, and certainly didn't mind that he didn't seem interested in jumping on the sofa. While I was in Vegas, Dick sent a photo to me of the few seconds that Wallace had hopped up on the sofa with him. Dick was pretty excited about it, but Wallace quickly jumped off after.

Tonight, Wallace jumped up again! At first, he seemed a little uncertain, then Dick calmed him and let him know it was okay.

That's when I took these two photos. They both look very happy and pleased with themselves.

Dick and I decided that a nice compromise would be to allow Wallace on the sofa if he's in his bed (which we're currently keeping on the floor, by the sofa). Wallace loves the bed, so he'd be plenty comfy, but it'll teach him not to walk on the sofa, and I won't have to worry about dirty paws as much.

We'll see how this all plays out....


They were both a little uncertain at first...


...then they were both quite pleased.

No comments: