Saturday, June 25, 2016

A Day in Brentwood with the Family

We took Wallace on his first short road trip today!

My parents came back from their 3.5-week vacation to Africa, so we went to their home in Brentwood today to visit with them, my sister and brother-in-law.

On the whole, Wallace did really well. It's about an hour and fifteen minute drive. We've only driven in San Francisco with him before, so this was our first trip on the freeway. Unfortunately, he got threw-up a little bit both on the journey there, as well as on the way back. We're not sure if he was a little car sick, or just excited? Actually, he was laying down the whole time (in the backseat) resting, so I don't think it was the excitement. I have a friend who told me that her dog used to get car sick easily, so she bought him a booster seat so the dog could see out the window, and it helped with the car-sickness. May have to look into one for long drives.

We had a really nice day with my family. Wallace really enjoyed hanging out at my parent's new home, and especially hanging out with the family. He took a long nap under the dining table as we ate lunch, and especially enjoyed playing with Auntie Tiffie.

My sister brought some proto-type VR Glasses from work for us to play with. They were very cool!

My parents grilled some hot dogs which we had with baked beans and fresh fruit. So yummy!

Thanks to my family for a really nice day. We had a great time, and are looking forward to another visit!










No comments: