Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Christy

My heart is broken for a beautiful friend who passed away this weekend. Christy Zamora was one of a kind. She was a tough girl on the outside with a heart of gold on the inside - all packed into a tiny package. She was fierce, talented, loyal, funny and she lit up a room with her radiant smile. She was one of my dearest friends in all the years I marched, and I cherish all of the memories that we shared together. She was my bus partner, the maker of the best chicken enchiladas and spanish rice, and we drove all the way from Wisconsin to California together. Oh, the laughs we had together.

I am sending my love to her family and all who loved her, but especially her "Little Man", Donovan.

Christy, I love you, and I miss you more than you will ever know. My heart is aching for the bright light that the world has lost.

No comments: