Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Party in our building

Our building had a Halloween Party tonight in one of the community rooms and I decided to go at the last minute. Dick is out for the evening for a work-related dinner, so I'm solo for the evening, but I knew that my fabulous neighbors, John and Gina would be there. :)

As you may know, we have boxes upon boxes of Halloween costumes and decorations in our house in San Francisco. None of them made it to Bellevue with us, as we figured we'd travel back to SF to have our annual Halloween parties there. Alas, it didn't happen this year, as we had too much travel going on this month.

That left me with a bit a dilemma of not having anything to wear tonight. What's a girl to do?

I went through my closet, figuring out what I had. Lucky for me, I brought my Harajuku Minnie Mouse hat from Disneyland with me to Bellevue. I guess I figured it might be fun to have here when it's cold. ;)

From that, I pieced together an outfit. I put it together with a black top, black tights, one of my walking skirts and my stiletto Doc Martens.

I call it: Pattern-Challenged Minnie Mouse.
Yep, that'll work. :)



I met up with John and Gina, who had fabulous costumes from a Halloween Party that they had attend last weekend.

Gina made John's costume, which is really impressive. He is Deadmau5, a progressive house-music producer and performer from Ontario. I'm not actually hip enough to know this, and I only learned that now because I looked it up on the web. :)

His costume was really great, and Gina did an amazing job on that headpiece!!

Gina was a Mad/crazy/zombie Alice, as in Alice in Wonderland. Again, not being hip, I learned that there is a video game called "Alice: Madness Returns" in which Alice is in an Asylum. Who knew?

Anyhow, their costumes were great, and they won "Best Adult Costumes"! Yay!!


John and Gina as Deadmau5 and Crazy Alice

The party was fun. I arrived about an hour in, and it only lasted about an hour after. There were lots of kids in cute costumes, which is always fun see! It was also a really nice way to meet a few of our neighbors. This is the first time I've had a chance to go to one of our building's parties, and I was able to go.










No comments: