Friday, October 10, 2014

"Camp" Life

So, this is my first time in my five years of doing multi-day breast cancers walks, that I have ever camped!

And, when I say "camp", I don't really mean "camp". We are staying at the lovely Nature Bridge facility in the Marin Headlands. It's a great facility with dorm-style rooms with bunk beds. There are enough bunk beds that we can each have our own bottom bunk, and store our things on the top bunk. There are hot showers, plenty of electrical outlets, and really good food!

The bunk beds have twin sized mattresses and were instructed to bring twin sized sheets. I don't have any twin sized sheets at my place, but I called my Mom to ask if she still had any from our childhood. Of course, she had them all: Raggedy Ann, Snoopy, etc., I thought maybe I shouldn't bring anything too sentimental, just in case I lost them or something. Instead, I brought the Yogi Bear sheets! Super cute!! It'll be fun to sleep in them tonight for the first time in about 35 years. :)


My Bunk Bed


Hey, Boo Boo! It's Yogi Bear!


The view from Nature Bridge - looking out onto Rodeo Beach


Our orientation to Nature Bridge


Stretching!!

update

Adding a photo of me in my jammies with my bunny slippers!


No comments: