Monday, October 27, 2014

Back to donating blood!

It's been over a year since we traveled to South Africa, which means I am eligible to donate blood/platelets again. Yay!

We live a mere 2 blocks away from the local blood center here in Bellevue. I went in yesterday afternoon, intending to check out the center and maybe make an appt. I told the volunteer at the front desk that I'd like to make an appt to donate platelets. She suggested that since I was new to their center (and to the network) that it might be best for me to first donate whole blood so that they can have an analysis of my blood on file first. It turns out, the center was slow when I first went in, so I decided to donate whole blood then and there. It went well. It's been such a long time since I've donated whole blood (I've been donating platelets for years) that I forgot how much faster it is to donate whole blood.

Once my information is in the system (3 days or so) I'll be able to sign into their website, create an account and make a platelet donation appointment. I'll probably try to donate platelets early next week. It'll be good to be able to donate again.


No comments: