Monday, August 25, 2014

Today's 10-mile Training Walk


Today's Route

I'm heading back to San Francisco this weekend for two training walks totaling 36 miles. We'll be walking 20 miles on Saturday, and another 16 miles on Sunday. I thought I'd better get a couple of higher-milage walks in this week to prep. I usually do 5-miles, but today I amped it up to 10+.

I thought I'd try something a little different. I mapped out a walking route to Dick's work, and found that it was about 5 miles. I thought I'd walk to his place in the late morning, have lunch with him, then walk back for a total of 10 miles. I haven't walked much in that direction at all, so I figured it would be a fun and new experience.

I left my place around 10:15 this morning, and arrived at his office around 11:45. Pretty good speed, considering there are lots of intersections that I have to wait at lights.

I had a really nice lunch with Dick (they had a food truck with Philly Cheesesteaks in front of their building today), and headed back home around 1:00.


Lunch with Dick!

The total walk turned out to be a bit more than 10 miles (I chose a slightly longer way home) and got home by 2:25. I really enjoyed the walk. It's nice enough, with enough things to see along the way (mostly fairly busy streets) and a good amount of shade (it was in the low 80s today). I'll probably try to do this a few more times before my walk in October!

PS: I just realized this is by far, the longest training walk I've ever done on my own. Yay! Not too bad- I was worried I might get really bored by myself, but it was fine. :)


Today's stats


Fitbit stats

No comments: