Friday, August 22, 2014

An afternoon in West Seattle

Dick took the day off today (his first spontaneous day off since taking this job) and we decided to check out a new (to us) neighborhood of Seattle: West Seattle. Actually, that's not entirely accurate. Martin took us to West Seattle way back in 2008 after we came back to Seattle from our Alaska Cruise. That was a long time ago, and we both remembered it fondly, so we thought it would be a fun thing to do and explore.

West Seattle, as the name implies, is West of Seattle (or, Downtown Seattle, at least). It's a really gorgeous view, and a neat perspective.


The view of Downtown Seattle from West Seattle

My sister and Graham went to visit a friend in West Seattle in April. I remembered that they told us about a great Hawaiian restaurant that they ate at, and decided to look for it. It was certainly easy enough to find, when I typed "Hawaiian Food" into my iPhone. :)

The place is called Marination, and is right on the water, overlooking Seattle. Great spot, great food. Dick had a couple of tacos, and I tried the fried rice (remembering that my Sis told me that she liked it).


The Menu at Marination


My fried rice - served in a Chinese take-out container

We took a really nice walk along the water, and got some more nice shots of the scenery.





No comments: