Saturday, August 09, 2014

Immediate Impact Walk Pacific Northwest Training Walk

My friend, Sarah, was one of the early Warming Hut Hotties back in the early 2000s. I first met her at the first Immediate Impact Walk two years ago when she volunteered to crew for the weekend. Sarah is going to crew for the Immediate Impact Walk again this year, and we're all just thrilled to have her back. She lives up in the Seattle area, and we've intended to try to get together after I moved up.

Our schedules finally aligned, and we went for a 5 mile training walk this morning! She offered to come to my place in Bellevue, which was awfully nice, and I brought her along my regular 5-mile walk. We started off by having bagels at our local spot, and headed off from there. We walked down to Downtown Bellevue Park, did a lap, then Dick met up with us. We did another lap, then we brought her down to the beautiful Meydenbauer Beach Park. We walked back up, did another couple of loops around the Downtown park, then started to head home.

This morning was the first time that Dick and I have been able to check out the Downtown Bellevue Farmer's Market, and it was right on our way home. We stopped for a bit, and did some shopping for produce and flowers.

I'm so glad that Sarah and I found some time to walk together! Thanks, Sarah! Looking forward to seeing you again soon! xo


Sarah and Trina at Downtown Bellevue Park with the Skyline behind us




Dick and Sarah at Meydenbauer Beach Park




Sarah's flowers from the Farmer's Market


Beautiful Produce!


Dick and I bought a lot!

No comments: