Friday, January 24, 2014

Ooma - Telephone Porting Complete



Hurray!

Our old home phone number has been successfully ported to our new telephone service! What does that mean? I get to keep the same home phone number as I've had for the last 18+ years, even with our move up to Washington!

I wrote this blog post about the OOMA Phone Service last week. So far, we are very happy with it. Set up was very easy and fast, and it took less than one week to port the number from our old phone carrier. (their website suggested that it would take 4-6 weeks.) I'm very pleased with how quickly, and smoothly the transition went.

We're also pleased with the quality of the phone reception of the new Ooma service. So far, so good. I'm a fan!

By their suggestion, I'll be waiting a day or so before I cancel our old phone service, but that'll be a nice call to make!

I'm SO happy that we were able to use our old phone number, even while living in a different state. What a cool bit of technology. Bonus: it's much cheaper than what we had been paying before.

update
I just found out that I have a referral code: RAS8552

If you order off their website you'll get $50 off ($99.99 and free shipping) and I'll get $20 account credit. We bought ours off of amazon.com, but this is cheaper.

No comments: