Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My own personal "Welcome to Seattle" Housewarming Gift.





I treated myself to a Housewarming Gift today. It seemed appropriate, and was definitely something special, so I totally splurged.

I saw on Facebook late last week that glassybaby was selling a special, limited edition glassybaby set for the Seattle Seahawks. There are two separate glassybaby - one is blue on the outside, green in the inside. The other is green on the outside, and blue in the inside. Now, before any of you 49er Faithfuls out there (that's you, Dad!) start to get all riled up, I'm not supporting the Seattle Seahawks this weekend, I just like the color combination. :)

Speaking of, I just posted on Facebook that I chose the wrong week to tell locals that i just moved from San Francisco to Seattle. I just tell people that I don't watch football, which is mostly true. ;) Just don't tell them that I really will be watching the game this weekend, and will most definitely be rooting for the 49ers.

Anyhow, glassybaby only made a limited quantity of these special colors, and they only sold them in the three Seattle-area stores. They were very popular, and sold out last weekend. I was a little bummed that they had sold out the day before I moved to Bellevue. Lucky for me, I got an inside tip that they were making more earlier this week, and was able to pre-pay for a set, and have them delivered to the Bellevue store. I just went to pick them up, and was quite the envy of the store (they are still very limited in availability, and mine were the only two in the store when I picked them up).

They are super pretty, and different from all the other glassybaby I have, as they are two-toned. I also just like the colors. Happy Housewarming, and Welcome to Seattle!

Update: very pretty lit, too! 

No comments: