Thursday, January 09, 2014

My visit with Grandma Chow



I had a very nice visit with my Grandma Chow in Stockton today. I'm trying to make sure that I spend time with my family while I'm back in SF.

We had our usual Dim Sum lunch. Today, she told me that she's been getting together regularly each week with her friends, Betty and Lily. They have lunch together, drive around town, go grocery shopping, and chat and laugh all day.

The amazing part is that my Grandma is 83, Betty is 88, and Lily is 92. I love that these women have the relationship that they do, and that go out together regularly.

Even more amazing, Betty was one of my Grandma's first friends when she first moved from China to Stockton. She was only 16 or 17, had just had her first child (my Dad) and Betty helped her out a lot. Betty was the wife of a friend that my Grandfather had in his village in China. What an amazing friendship.

On another note, I drove my Grandma around to run a few errands this afternoon. One of our stops was the Merle Norman Beauty Store. My Grandma has used the same nighttime face cream since her Auntie introduced her to it in 1947!!! I should probably buy myself a jar and start using it! :)



When I grow up, I want to be my Grandma Chow. :)

No comments: