Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Home Project Day with Reeves & Paula!

Our very good friends, Reeves and Paula, came over to our new pad today and helped us with a bunch of home projects. Lucky for us, they live just a couple of miles away, are VERY good do-it-yourselfers, and are just great friends to hang out with for an entire day! (Plus, they bring cupcakes!)

First project on the agenda: install the new chandelier! I had first seen this chandelier over the summer when I helped my friends, Jim and Cynde, move. I fell in love with it instantly, and knew that if I ever had the need for a chandelier/light fixture, this was it!

Reeves and Dick did the handy-dandy installation of the fixture, and Paula and I spent the next 2-1/2 hours installing the glass bubbles. It turned out beautifully, and I'm just thrilled with how great it looks in the new place. Unfortunately, two of the glass bubbles were broken when we opened the box, so I'm hoping to get them replaced. You can't really tell that there are two bubbles missing, but *I* know. ;)


Dick and Reeves installing the lamp


Manly men installing lamp fixture


The light fixture is installed and in working order!


Paula, deciphering the directions for the glass bubbles


laying out the glass bubbles


All the glass bubbles on the skewers


half-way done


the completed light fixture


...with the dining room table


later in the night...


While Paula and I were working on the light fixture, Dick and Reeves moved onto mounting the TV above the fireplace...


the TV is mounted! Yay!


...and configuring the network so that we the ethernet ports in each of the rooms work now


Paula and Reeves - they brought tools, cupcakes, and especially their expertise! Thank you both VERY much for spending your afternoon with us and for helping us out. We really appreciate it!!

No comments: