Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday's 8-mile (for me) Training Walk


Saturday's route

My walking team had a great 16-mile training walk on Saturday morning, but I had to cut mine short at 8-miles because of other plans that afternoon.

We met at the Arguello Gate of the Presidio at 6:30am. It was a GREAT walk around the Presidio, down Argeuello, through Golden Gate Park, and to our first break at UCSF. From there, we went to Stanyan Street to the tucked away staircase just past 17th Street, and headed east on the Historic Trail! The trail is just amazing - an oasis of Eucalyptus Trees and dirt/mud trails tucked away from the city. It got a little slippery, but we made it through with (almost) no problems.

We came off the trail, and walked through Johnstone Drive and Clarendon Ave, then onto Laguna Honda Blvd. Our second break of the day was at the Mollie Stones (formerly, Tower Market) on Portola Ave.

Unfortunately, I had to break away at this point. Dick and I had plans for the afternoon down in San Jose, and I needed to finish my walk early. He picked me up from the Mollie Stones as we were at our break.

For some unknown reason, I didn't take any photos at all during the day! Weird!

Here are a couple photos from Linda:


Ready for our walk!
photo by Linda Imlay



Linda realized early on that most of us were dressed in shades of purple and pink!
photo by Linda Imlay

No comments: