Wednesday, August 14, 2013

From one artist to another...

here's a neat little story:

I received an order from my zazzle store two days ago for greeting cards of my Dolores Street Painting.



It was the first order I had received without knowing who the order was placed by. Very exciting to think that someone that I don't know liked my painting enough to order cards of it! Bonus: It brought my "royalties" (which I will put towards my Immediate Impact Walk fundraising to over $50 from the cards so far!)

Yesterday, the mystery was solved!

It turns out that I have friends who are friends with the owner of the building that is featured in the painting! They had showed him my blog post of the completed painting, and apparently, he liked it very much. Nice! They also told him that I was selling images of the painting on greeting cards and shared the zazzle link with them.

So nice!

Today, I was out on my daily neighborhood walk, in which I always pass the store. I thought I would drop into the corner market to see if the owner was there.

It turns out that the owner lives in the unit upstairs and is the landlord for the corner market. The person who owns the business is a different person, and the person that I met today.

I told him about my story, and showed him a picture of my painting on my phone. He was quite taken by it, and was very complimentary.

He then told me that he does art of his own, and proceeded to show me the candles on his counter that he had made, and sold at his store. He offered to give me one, from one artist to another, and let me choose which one I wanted. Sooo nice!!

I chose the one with tiered green colors, and thanked him very much. I told him that I would return within the next couple of days with some greeting cards for him.

Isn't this a nice story?


My pretty new candle, made by the owner of the Mama's Store on Dolores at 22nd Street

No comments: