Friday, October 26, 2012

Painting Progress: Session 3



Session three of working on my ballerina painting of Sophie. :)

She's coming along. Today, I "re-drew" many parts of her again, making lots of adjustments to the figure to try to get it as accurate as possible. Most notably, I worked on her face, which I think is finally looking right. I also did a lot of work to her upper torso, body and dress, and started on the bottom of her dress. I reworked the chair that she's sitting in, although it still needs some work. I'm going to try to make it look more like a wooden chair than the metal folding chair that it actually is.

I kept with the monochromatic color scheme. Dean said that next week, we'll use some glazing to put in some color. I'm looking forward to that.

It still needs a bit of work, but I'm happy with the progression so far.

No comments: