Saturday, October 06, 2012

Logarithmic Glassybaby



This morning, I came downstairs and noticed that the glassybaby on the cabinet under the TV had moved. I just assumed Noe had done it in the middle of the night. She's never moved them before, but maybe she discovered that she could? It seemed to be the only explanation.

So I pointed it out to Dick.

(our conversation - paraphrased, of course)

Trina: Look - the glassybaby moved! Do you think Noe did that?

Dick: No, look - they are in a logarithmic spiral. Sometimes, these things just happen in nature.

Trina: What?!

Dick: You know, a logarithmic spiral. Sometimes it shows up in seashells, or spider webs, or plants.

Trina: What?!

Dick: Yeah, sometimes it just happens in nature and can't be explained. Apparently the glassybaby rearranged itself last night?

Trina: So, are you saying that Noe didn't do it?

Dick: I don't think Noe knows what a logarithmic spiral is....

I think he's pulling my leg. ;)
It was too early for geeky humor. ;)

more info on logarithmic spirals.

No comments: