Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Things I saw along my walk this morning...

Weather permitting, I usually try to do my ~2.5 mile walk around my neighborhood 3-5 times a week. If it's raining, I work out using my elliptical machine at home.

There are always interesting sights to see along the way. I start off on 24th street in Noe Valley, then walk down Dolores Street to the park and then down 19th street into the Castro.

Here are a couple of photos that I took today:


A trio of Barbies trying to make their escape from the colorful, star-studded fence! note: Anakin Skywalker behind and above them


A cluster of little dogs! I assume they were all with a dog walker, and that said walker tied them to this tree to perhaps retrieve another dog from his house?


Now, this photo isn't mine. I walked past this same scene and considered taking a photo, but stopped short when I realized how I seem to take photos of everything. However, given that I took a couple of other photos today and decided to blog, AND that when I came home, I saw that my friend, Eve, had posted this photo up on Facebook, I figured I had to include it! This was a line of at least 20 strollers on 24th street in front of the book store. 24th street is known for lots of people pushing their strollers around, but this was the most I've ever seen parked together. I peeked inside the store and gathered that there was a very important (to parents with babies) book reading/signing going on inside. :)

No comments: