Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shamrock Shake!!

My sister and I both have fond memories of getting Shamrock Shakes from McDonalds when we were kids. They were always available for a limited time before St. Patrick's Day.

It has been years and years since I last had one. I'm guessing early to mid-90s during my color guard years. I remember getting them as we stopped at the McDonalds at the Freeway Oasis with my sister and Cristy. :)

Last week, my sister posted on Facebook that she had just introduced her boyfriend to a Shamrock Shake. I asked her how it was, and she said it was just as good as she remembered.

Being as today is St. Patrick's Day, I figured today would be my last chance this year to try one. So, with Dick's family in tow, we found the McDonalds in the Mall that we were at.

The Verdict: the presentation is fancier than it used to be (clear plastic cup, whipped cream and a cherry) but the taste was exactly as I remembered. Pretty satisfying!

No comments: