Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Mother vs. Daughter at the Salad Bar

My Mom and I met for lunch at a Fresh Choice today. If you haven't been, it's a buffet-style restaurant with a huge salad bar at the front with additional food (soups, pizza, pasta, potatoes, fresh baked goods, and desserts) in the back. It's a fixed price for lunch and dinner. You start at the salad bar, then pay for your meal. After that, you can roam around the other food stations.

So, here's a photo of my Mom's tray, and my tray once we reached the cashier. My Mom's is on the left, and mine is on the right.



Clearly, I enjoy a big salad - lots of greens, topped off with huge amounts of fresh veggies, and a nice vinaigrette on the side.

My Mom isn't much of a salad lover (as seen here). She was saving room for the pasta, baked potato, muffins and desserts!

We both cracked up when we looked at each other's trays.

There are many, many things that I have in common with my Mom.

Eating habits at a salad bar isn't one of them. :)

No comments: