Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hey Look - There's my cousin, Bruce, on the cover of SFgate.com again!

How many times can one person make it on the cover of sfgate.com?

That crazy cousin of mine sure knows how to make the rounds 'round here.

I was just doing my thing - checking email, seeing what my friends of facebook are up to, and refreshing my sfgate.com page.

Hmmm... SFgate's headline story: City Brights with a headline reading "The Voices Among Us". Pictures of noteworthy San Franciscans in thumb size boxes underneath. Cool. Let's see who's there....

Hey! I know that guy! That's Bruce! Again!



Turns out that my cousin-extraordinaire, Bruce, is going to be a regular blogger on SFgate's new "City Brights" column.

Here's the description of this column:
We live in an area that has more than its share of luminaries. We're talking about our public figures, the recognized experts in their fields (from science to the arts), and the local notables that make the Bay Area what it is. SFGate has reached out to a number of these personalities, and we're very excited to have so many of them contributing to our Web site. They add to the diversity of local voices and opinion on our site and will deepen the connection that we have with our community.

...and I should say, I think Bruce is a great choice. He's a 30-something year old father of 3 girls, has been married for almost 20 years, has lived in San Francisco for almost 20 years, and oh, yeah - he holds the highest elected office in the Presbyterian Church. He's also rides a motorcycle, hangs out in coffee shops, knits, and used to be in a drum and bugle corps.



You can bet he's got some interesting things to say.

Oh, yeah. He's an avid blogger, too.
What's this make? 4 blogs? 5? I can't keep up with him.

I'm looking forward to seeing what my dear cuz, "Boo", has to say...

1 comment:

Reyes-Chow said...

Thanks for the link love though I am only a 30-something for a few precious more weeks ;-) Writing with a focus on religion in SF sure will be interesting to say the least.