Monday, March 30, 2009

"American Idiot" : The Musical



My sister just sent me this:

Michael Mayer and Green Day Create American Idiot Musical, to Bow in California

So, yeah - I love Green Day.

I can't explain it. I saw them in concert 3(!) times way back in 1995 when Dookie came out, then again in Sept '05 for their American Idiot Tour.

It turns out that the director of Spring Awakening (which I saw last year, and really loved) is going to direct a new musical adapted from the Green Day Album, "American Idiot"!

This isn't exactly shocking news, in that I think it makes perfect sense. American Idiot is a Rock Opera, much like "Tommy" by The Who. But still, very cool news, and very exciting.

Even more exciting: it's going to premiere at Berkeley Repertory Theater in the fall.

Oh, yeah. I am so there. :)

update
article in today's sfgate.com.

No comments: