Friday, March 20, 2009

Cody

I spent the late afternoon and evening catching up with my 'ol friend, Cody, today. It was great.

Cody and I met way back in the late fall of 1990. We were roommates (there were 5 of us in total) when we marched in the Anaheim Kingsmen together and lived in Garden Grove, CA. I was 20, and Cody was 17 - he graduated from high school early (in Illinois) so he could move out to CA to march the season with us.

Cody and I haven't had a chance to spend much one-on-one time together in a very long time. Since our years of marching together (1991-1993) he's lived in Newport Beach, Madison, Atlanta and now San Diego. We see each other about once a year when we both go to WGI. (Cody is a judge now)

Cody is in town to judge the big power regional this weekend in Union City. My parents and I picked him up from the San Jose airport this afternoon, we all had dinner together, then I drove Cody to his hotel in Newark. Once we were there, we went down to the bar and had cocktails and chocolate cake while we chatted and caught up.

What a great evening. I love those special friends in life who you can pick up with immediately, even if you haven't seen each other for years.

No comments: