Monday, January 29, 2007

If My Life Was a Movie, What Would the Soundtrack Be?

My brother-in-law, Jeff, just sent this to me. (Actually, he's my Sister-in-law's Husband, or Dick's Brother-in-Law. Does that still make him my Brother-in-law?)

How to Play:
  1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)

  2. Put it on shuffle

  3. Press play

  4. For every section below, type the song that’s playing

  5. When you go to a new section, press the next button

  6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool …

It's kind of fun, but more importantly (for good, or for bad) it gives you a little peek into my music library!

Opening Credits:
Save Tonight (Eagle Eye Cherry)

First Day At School:
Don’t Let It Bring You Down (Annie Lennox)

Falling In Love:
All of You (Miles Davis)

Breaking Up:
We’ll be Together (Sting)

Prom:
Never Get Old (Sinead O’Connor)

Mental Breakdown:
Express Yourself (Madonna)

Flashbacks:
Love (The Smashing Pumpkins)

Getting Back Together:
Raspberry Beret (Prince)

Wedding Scene:
When I Needed You (Erasure)

Final Battle:
Comes Love (Peter Cincotti)

Death Scene:
Rent (Pet Shop Boys)

Funeral Song:
Instanbul (Not Constantinople) (They Might Be Giants)

End Credits:
Weight of the World (Erasure)

Finale:
It Doesn’t Have to Be (Erasure)

I'm not really sure what this all says about me.... except for the fact that my music library is a little heavy on the 80s music. (big surprise)

Somehow, it makes me feel good to know that "They Might Be Giants" will be playing at my funeral, and that I'll go out listening to "Erasure".

You can take the girl out of the gay bar, but you can't take the gay bar out of the girl...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just can bring myself to do this one. Way to embarrassing to have John Mayer, PCD and Hanson show up ;-) Just call me cheesy pop boy!

To my defense, High School Musical isn't my choice.